Deputy Town Clerk
The Ontario Town Clerk now offers residents the option to renew their dog licenses online. Click here to renew now!
Services Provided By The Town Clerks Office
- Copying, Faxing & E-Z pass services are available
- View 2018 Town/County Tax bill click the link below
- Cover pages - free
- Local - $2.00/1st page - $0.75 each additional page
- Out of State - $3.00/1st page - $1.00 each additional page
- $25.00 each
Need Your Property Or School Tax Information? Find A Copy Of Your Bill Here.
- Clerk To The Town Board -- Town Board meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Mondays at 7:00 PM in the Ontario Town Hall, 1850 Ridge Road, Ontario, NY, meeting minutes available in the clerk's office or by e-mail upon request.
- Tax Collector – Town and County taxes are collected in January, February & March. Wayne Central School collects school taxes in September & October. For town tax information call (315) 524-3441, School call (315) 524-1016. For unpaid taxes after March 31st call the Wayne County Treasurer at (315) 946-5946, additional information on paid/unpaid taxes can be found on the county's web site at County Tax Search
- Water & Wastewater Bill Collection– bills are mailed in January, April, July, and October. All bills not paid in mid September will be added to the following years property tax bill. For collection information call (315) 524-3441. For billing information call (315) 524-2941.
- Registrar of Vital Statistics – records on file for marriage licenses, births and deaths that occurred in the Town of Ontario beginning in 1882. Get an application for a duplicate record.
- Marriage licenses must be obtained at least 24 hours prior to the ceremony and are good for 60 days, valid picture identification and birth certificates with raised seals for both bride and groom must be provided, the fee is $40 (proof must also be provided how/when previous marriages ended).
- Funeral Directors on weekends and holidays contact the Town Clerk, Debra DeMinck at home (315) 524-7141, if not available the Deputy Town Clerk , Shelley LaRocca's home phone is (585)-355-2551. Certified copies are $10.
- Conservation Licenses -- NYS drivers license needed or proof of residency, for hunting licenses. Proof of hunter safety training is required. The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation web site is http://www.dec.state.ny.us (check out their listing of hunter safety courses).
- Handicap Parking Permits – permanent or temporary are issued with a certification from a physician (same day). Pick up application prior to your doctor appointment or download the form
- NYS Dog Licenses – current rabies certificate is needed to license. Fees are $16.00 for male and female dogs, $8.00 for neutered and spayed dogs (with certificate of spaying/neutering). Renew annually, can be done by mail. Please send rabies information, self-addressed stamped envelope and check payable to: Ontario Town Clerk. The Dog Control Officer's number is (585) 721-2635.
- Bear Creek Harbor Permits - launching by permit only
- Annual Permit Town Resident
- Two Year Permit Town Resident
- Annual Permit Non Resident
- One Day Launch Permit
- By mail, send copy of the NYS registration per vehicle and applicable fees payable to Ontario Town Clerk.
- Annual Permit Town Resident
- Notary Public - must have valid identification, no fee charged.
- Certificate of Residence – for attending community college, proof of residency required, no fee charged. Download the form
- Freedom of Information Form – Download the form
- Driver's Education manuals for vehicles & motorcycles can be picked up during normal business hours.