- Contact Information
- Why Choose Ontario For Your Business?
- Helpful Links
- Tax Data
- Major Local Employers
Contact InformationWilliam Riddell, Director
6551 Knickerbocker Rd, Ontario, NY 14519
The Wayne County Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) is seeking entries for the second Annual Wayne County Startup Pitch Competition. The competition is open to all Wayne County residents who have a new business idea or are in the concept stage. The Winner will receive a $25,000 prize to kick-start their new business.
"We're really excited to be doing this again this year," said Brian Pincelli, Director of Wayne County Economic Development and Planning. "Given recent events, it is important to encourage entrepreneurship. I know there are a wealth of creative ideas and motivated entrepreneurs in our County. The Wayne County Startup Pitch Competition is an effort for us to help develop those creative ideas and turn them into businesses."
Starting in 2019, KickStart Wayne County is an initiative aimed at encouraging entrepreneurship and providing resources for new business development. The primary undertaking of this initiative is the Wayne County Startup Pitch Competition.
"The second annual Wayne County Startup Pitch Competition is a great way to connect entrepreneurs and business development partners," said Katie Bronson, Deputy Director of Wayne County Economic Development and Planning. "This year, we are providing online workshops and mentoring opportunities with some business development partners."
Click here for more information.
Why Choose Ontario For Your Business?Location
- Ontario is situated between the two major cities of Rochester and Syracuse and is just 80 miles west of Buffalo. Monroe County is our neighbor to the west.
- 15 minutes to the downtown Rochester Business District
- Proximity to Rochester allows access to companies clustered in medical research, biotechnology/pharmaceutical, telecommunications, photonic/imaging and precision manufacturing. Rochester is home to Xerox, Johnson & Johnson, Bausch & Lomb, and Eastman Kodak.
- 35 minutes to the Rochester International Airport
- 30 minutes to thruway exit #43 (Manchester) and exit #46 (Henrietta)
- Ontario offers easy access to State Route 104, a four lane divided highway as well as State Route 350.
- The close proximity of Rochester Institute of Technology and the University of Rochester offers a new company potential to draw on an educated workforce.
- Energy Savings in the Wayne Industrial Sustainability Park (WISP).
- Approved Building Sites in the Beh and Ontario Industrial Parks.
- Low Crime Environment for businesses and their employees which results in a reduced property insurance rate.
- Empire Zone Benefits available in the Beh Industrial Park, Commerce Center Industrial Park, and Wayne Industrial Sustainability Park (WISP).
- Great Quality of Life for employees provided by affordable homes, variety of nearby shopping plazas, excellent schools and medical facilities and recreational opportunities.
Current demographic information is available upon request. Please contact the Office of Economic Development at 315-524-5908, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Helpful Links:
- Wayne County Economic Development
- Empire State Development
- Ontario Town Video
- Town Fact Sheet
- Table for Business Resources
- Zoning Map
Tax DataTown of Ontario 2012 Tax Rate
(Per Thousand/taxable Assessed Value)
- School - $20.55 **
- Town - $2.85 *
- County - $7.54 *
- Special District - $1.00 (est.)
For more information, call 325-524-3441 ext. 400
The Town of Ontario has the lowest town tax rate (2008) in Wayne County
- SALES TAX = 8% (NYS = 4%, Wayne County = 4%)
- Shared among towns, county, villages and school districts.
Major Local Employers
|Name||Product or Service||# Emp||Union|
|Wayne Central School Dist.||Education||525||Yes|
|Rochester Gas & Electric||Power Generating||525||No|
|Optimax Systems||Optics Industry||160||No|
|Vette (formerly ERM Thermal Technologies)||Heat Sinks||93||No|
|Rochester Industrial Control||Electronic Assembly||90||No|
|WECO Metal Products||Sheet Metal Fabricator||75||No|
|Town of Ontario||Municipality||50+||Yes|
|Lakeside Roofing & Siding Materials, Inc.||Roofing & Siding Materials Distributor||50||Unknown|
|Fred A. Nudd Corp.||Tower Erections||30||No|