(315) 524-7170 x302
Ontario Town Hall
1850 Ridge Road
Ontario, NY 14519
The Planning Board meetings are held the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the implementations of COVID-19 restrictions the Planning Board will be meeting in the Adult Activity Center at Casey Park, 6551 Knickerbocker Road.
The Town of Ontario has adopted new Land Development Regulations and Public Works Requirements as of October, 2008. Copies are available in the Building Department at a cost of $15.00. The Planning Board reviews applications for subdivisions, site plans and special permits for new construction. Questions relative to the above may be directed to the Building Department.
To file an application:Planning Board Submission Requirements:
3 Paper Copies are needed of the following:
- Subdivision/Site Plan application
- Engineered drawings (stamped and signed) of project, including all applicable (traffic flow, shrubbery, refuse storage, lighting, parking)
- SEQRA (short or long form depending on the project)
- Elevation drawings
- All checklists required for Planning Board review to be completed and provided with application
One (1) full electronic version of your application emailed to email@example.com
Incomplete submittals shall be course for rejection
What is required after approvals have been granted?
After a resolution has been made by the Planning Board, a full set of mylars must be submitted to the Building Department.
Signature lines to include Town Engineer, Water Utilities Superintendent, Highway Superintendent and a 3L X 4W box for a stamp for the Planning Board Chairman.
- It is the responsibility of the engineer to submit the mylars to the County.
- The Building Department calls when all signatures have been obtained and mylars are ready for pickup.
- The Building Department must receive two (2) paper copies, stamped received with a file number from the County before any building permits can be issued.
- Any work completed before all Final approvals are granted will be at the developers own risk.
Article V, taken from the Land Development Regulations
- Subdivision Application
- Site Plan Application
- Special Permit Application
- Agricultural Data Statement
- Checklist: Land Development Regulations
2020 Application Deadline and Meeting DatesPlanning Board - Second Tuesday of the Month Public Hearing at 7:00 PM
|Filing Deadline||Meeting Date|
|December 8||January 14|
|January 8||February 11|
|February 5||March 10|
|March 4||April 14|
|April 1||May 12|
|May 6||June 9|
|June 3||July 14|
|July 1||August 11|
|August 5||September 8|
|September 2||October 14**|
|October 7||November 10|
|November 4||December 8|
** The cut off to submit applications is 12:00 PM**
**During the months of June, July and August a second planning board meeting may be held at the discretion of the planning board.**
Application FeesApplication Fees and Engineering Review Fees must be paid to be placed on the Planning Board Agenda
- Minor Subdivision (four lots or less) - $100.00
- Major Subdivision (more than four lots) - $150.00
- Special Permit (residential) - $75.00
- Special Permit (commercial/industrial) - $150.00
- Re-approve final plans; no changes - $50.00
- Re-approve final plans with changes (per hour fee for engineering review) - $100.00
- Public Posting Fee (sketch, preliminary & final plans) - $25.00
Residential Engineering Review FeesSingle Lot Subdivision/site plan
- $400.00 per lot plus above application fee
- $500.00 base fee with above application fee
- $600.00 base fee plus $140.00/lot over 3 lots and application fee
- $1,700.00 plus $50.00/lot over 10 lots
Commercial & Industrial Engineering Review Fees Review of concept plan
- Actual cost - minimum fee of $100.00 plus application fee
- (Subdivision, site plan, sketch, preliminary, and final)
- $1,200.00 (Minimum Fee) plus application fee, plus
- $.07 per square foot of building size
- $1,400.00 (Minimum Fee) plus application fee
- $1,600.00 plus $150.00/parcel over 3 plus application fee
- $2,000.00 plus $70.00/parcel over 10 plus application fee