Address: 2180 Lake Road, Ontario, NY 14519
Phone: (315) 524-3200
Fax: (315) 524-8501
Hours: M-F 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Accounting Supervisor/Business Managers:
Linda Yancey ext. 500
About: Linda Yancey brings her 30 years of experience in the fields of income tax, appraisals, and tax consultation to the Ontario Business Office. A graduate of Penn Yan Academy, Yancey earned her B.S in Biology and Chemistry from SUNY Oswego in 1968. She would return to Oswego to earn a B.S in Accounting in 2015, and went on to serve the Town of Rose as the Senior Accountant for three years.
Yancey previously served as the Town of Ontario Assessor, and brought the town to full market value in 1984. She is a NYS Certified Appraiser, Assessor, and County Director, and was a founding member and first President of the WNY-IAAO. She is also a certified instructor for the IAAO and NYS Assessors' organizations.
Outside of her town duties, Yancey is the business manager for North Huron Cider Mill and North Country Apple Winery, and has served as the Girls State Chairman in her American Legion Auxiliary for over 25 years. She enjoys breeding Bernese Mt. Dogs, and is a volunteer safe driving instructor for the AARP. She retained many friends in Ontario from her assessing days, and is excited to continue serving the town as Accountant/Business Manager.
Payroll Account Clerk: Jennifer Benedict ext. 501
Account Payable Clerk: Tracy Galusha ext. 502
Functions of the Accounting Department
- Maintains the official records for all funds.
- Receives, deposit and records all moneys.
- Responsible for necessary cash flow and investments.
- Prepares and records all expenditures.
- Maintains all pertinent vendor information.
- Pays and records town debt service payments.
- Prepares and maintains payroll records by fund and all related records.
- Coordinates records for and payments of benefits to town employees.
- Prepares monthly treasurer reports for the town supervisor and town board.
- Works with state and independent auditors as needed; conducts routine audits of town records as necessary.
- Maintains all bank accounts.
- Assists the town supervisor in the budget development process.