Code Enforcement Officer
Tel: (315) 524-7170 x300
Asst. Code Enforcement Officer/Fire Inspector
Tel: (315) 524-7170 x304
Tel: (315) 524-7170 x302
Address: 1850 Ridge Road, Ontario, NY 14519
Hours: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Building Permits – permit applications will be reviewed by the inspectors for compliance with all New York State building codes and town regulations. All plans for new homes of 1500 S.F. or more of habitable area and any plans for additions costing $20,000.00 or more need to be signed by a New York State “Registered Architect” or “Licensed Professional Engineer”. Two sets of prints should be submitted with the building permit, one with the aforementioned stamp,( being a wet seal stamp) and signature. Building plans should be submitted two weeks prior to starting construction.
- Inspections – performs all building construction inspections as mandated by the permit as well as public assembly inspections, code enforcement, zoning inspections and fire.
- Fire Inspections – performs safety inspections for commercial and buildings of public assembly.
- Flood Map/State/Federal/Wetlands – flood map information and state & federal wetland maps are available for the public to view.
Building permits issued for various projects including:
- Additions, Alterations, or Demolitions
- New Construction
- Storage sheds or Accessory structures
- Swimming pools
- Plumbing, Electrical, Heating or Ventilation System
- Generators or Solar Arrays
Any questions, please call (315)-524-7170 ext. 302 and we will advise you as to whether your projects need a building permit.
To File a Building Permit application, submit the following:
- Building Permit application
- Survey map with location of project (including distances from lot lines and existing structures)
- Detailed information/spec sheet on the project
- Workers Compensation certificate (no ACORD from will be accepted)
Various inspections by a building official are required, including a final inspection. The official will issue a Certificate of Occupancy or Compliance which must be obtained prior to the use or occupancy of the structure. Such a certificate verifies that a building or structure complies with all applicable building and zoning regulations. No security deposits can be refunded until a Certificate of Occupancy or Compliance is issued.
Information provided on this website is intended to allow the public immediate access to public information. While all attempts are made to provide accurate, current, and reliable information, the Town of Ontario recognizes the possibility of human and/or mechanical error. Therefore, the Town, its employees, officers, agents, and agencies make no representation as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or suitability of the information provided by this website, and deny any expressed or implied warranty as to the same.
In order to provide visitors with certain information, this website provides links to federal, state, and local government agencies, and websites of other organizations. A link does not constitute an endorsement of the content, viewpoint, accuracy, opinions, policies, products, services, or accessibility of that website. Once you link to another website from this website, including one maintained by the Town, you are subject to the terms and conditions of that website.