William Riddell, Director
6551 Knickerbocker Rd, Ontario, NY 14519
- Ontario is situated between the two major cities of Rochester and Syracuse and is just 80 miles west of Buffalo. Monroe County is our neighbor to the west.
- 15 minutes to the downtown Rochester Business District
- Proximity to Rochester allows access to companies clustered in medical research, biotechnology/pharmaceutical, telecommunications, photonic/imaging and precision manufacturing. Rochester is home to Xerox, Johnson & Johnson, Bausch & Lomb, and Eastman Kodak.
- 35 minutes to the Rochester International Airport
- 30 minutes to thruway exit #43 (Manchester) and exit #46 (Henrietta)
- Ontario offers easy access to State Route 104, a four lane divided highway as well as State Route 350.
- Skilled Labor
- The close proximity of Rochester Institute of Technology and the University of Rochester offers a new company potential to draw on an educated workforce.
- Energy Savings in the Wayne Industrial Sustainability Park (WISP).
- Approved Building Sites in the Beh and Ontario Industrial Parks.
- Low Crime Environment for businesses and their employees which results in a reduced property insurance rate.
- Empire Zone Benefits available in the Beh Industrial Park, Commerce Center Industrial Park, and Wayne Industrial Sustainability Park (WISP).
- Great Quality of Life for employees provided by affordable homes, variety of nearby shopping plazas, excellent schools and medical facilities and recreational opportunities.
The Ontario Town Board has created an Economic Development Department at the town level to encourage development of industrial and commercially zoned areas by attracting new business and retaining current businesses. Its purpose is to increase a sustainable tax base for its residents and improve their quality of life. The Office of Economic Development offers assistance with site selection and coordinating applications with the Wayne County Industrial Development Agency, as well as local building, planning, and zoning boards.
Current demographic information is available upon request. Please contact the Office of Economic Development at 315-524-5908, or email email@example.com
- Wayne County Economic Development
- New York State Economic Development
- ONTARIO TOWN VIDEO
- TOWN FACT SHEET
- TABLE FOR BUSINESS RESOURCES
- ZONING MAP
Features of Industrial Parks
- All infrastructure - gas, sanitary sewer and public water
- Availability of the 585 area code (Beh Industrial Park, only)
- Lots environmentally approved
- Empire Zone Benefits - Beh Industrial Park, Commerce Center Park
- Wayne Industrial Sustainability Park (WISP)
- Easy access from NYS Route 104 with a traffic light, providing safe access for customers, employees, and heavy equipment
- Variable lot sizes from 1 to 60 acres
- Low interest financing and incentives through the Wayne County Economic Development Corporation
Wayne Industrial Sustainability Park (WISP) - Empire Benefit Zone
BENDERSON RETAIL PLAZA - 6280 Furnace Rd.
- Southeast corner of NYS Route 104 and Furnace Rd (in front of Tops Supermarket Plaza)
- 12,000 Sq.Ft. Available; Zoned Business
- Current tenants: H&R Block, Dunkin Donuts, Fancy Nails
- Contact: Matt Baldauf, Benderson
- Leasing Agent (716) 878-9659
- Five minutes east of Monroe-Wayne County Line Rd. and the Webster Xerox facility, on Dean Parkway, off of NYS Route 104.
- Owners: Gordon and Dean Beh: (585) 265-0140
- Zoned: Industrial
- Permitted Uses: Industrial, Manufacturing, Warehouse Distribution
- Price: $40,000/acre
- North of the intersection of NYS Route 104 and Furnace Roads. Fourteen acres on the west side of Furnace Road plus 65 acres available on the east side of Furnace Road.
- Owner: Gerber Homes: (315) 524-7890
- Zoned: Industrial
- Permitted Uses: Industrial, Manufacturing, Warehouse/Distribution
- Price: $35,000/acre
COMMERCE CENTER INDUSTRIAL PARK - EMPIRE BENEFIT ZONE
- Aerial View
- Summary Fact Sheet
- Located east off of Dean Parkway, on the north side of NYS Rt. 104
- Over 200 acres of industrial land available
- Access from Timothy Lane, east off of Dean Parkway (behind Harbec Plastics)
- Recent improvements to Timothy Lane include upgrade to a 12 inch water line, extension of sanitary sewer, and paving of Timothy Lane
- Zoned: Industrial
- Owner: Various Land Owners
- Office of Economic Development
- (315) 524-5908
- Office of Economic Development
LINC-ONTARIO INDUSTRIAL CENTER
- 6375 Furnace Rd. 1,000 ft. north of NYS Route 104
- An Empire Zoned Facility
- INDUSTRIAL/COMMERCIAL LEASE SPACE AVAILABLE
- Zoned: Industrial
- Permitted Uses: Industrial, Manufacturing, Warehouse, distribution and storage
- George Leopard
- (585) 746-1848
- Linc Management, LLC, 840 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14605
- Fax: (315) 524-3543
- George Leopard
- Workshop Space - 2500 Sq.Ft. (50' x 50" space) For Lease
- Two drive-in doors - 14 ft. high by 12 ft. wide - Office and restrooms
- Storage Yard Available.
- $950/month plus utilities.
- Quoted prices include all expenses except utilities. All spaces will be provided with heat and power as required, and are provided freshly painted and cleaned.
- Office and other improvements can be provided as needed.
Town of Ontario 2012 Tax Rate
(Per Thousand/taxable Assessed Value)
- School - $20.55 **
- Town - $2.85 *
- County - $7.54 *
- Special District - $1.00 (est.)
(*) Payable on January 1st (**) Payable on Sept. 1st
For more information, call 325-524-3441 ext. 400
The Town of Ontario has the lowest town tax rate (2008) in Wayne County
- SALES TAX = 8% (NYS = 4%, Wayne County = 4%)
- Shared among towns, county, villages and school districts.
|Name||Product or Service||# Emp||Union|
|Wayne Central School Dist.||Education||525||Yes|
|Rochester Gas & Electric||Power Generating||525||No|
|Optimax Systems||Optics Industry||160||No|
|Vette (formerly ERM Thermal Technologies)||Heat Sinks||93||No|
|Rochester Industrial Control||Electronic Assembly||90||No|
|WECO Metal Products||Sheet Metal Fabricator||75||No|
|Town of Ontario||Municipality||50+||Yes|
|Lakeside Roofing & Siding Materials, Inc.||Roofing & Siding Materials Distributor||50||Unknown|
|Fred A. Nudd Corp.||Tower Erections||30||No|
For further information, call (315) 524-8111
- Highways Serving Area: New York State Routes 104 and 35O. Average daily traffic count on N.Y.S. Rte. 104: 26,645 (per N.Y.S.D.O.T.) (study 2003)
- Distance to New York State Thruway: 20 miles (Exit #43-Manchester; 20 miles (Exit # 46-Henrietta)
- Motor Freight Carriers: Serviced by all major distributors
- Average commuting time to work: 19.7 minutes (U.S. 22.7 minutes)
Traffic Count Information: www.dot.state.ny.us (Click on Site Index/Highway Data Services Bureau)
For the latest road, weather, and traffic conditions in New York, visit the NYS Dept. of Transportation's web site at www.nysdot.gov. The site also provides a link to the Traveler information Gateway www.travelinfony.com which details real-time conditions affecting transportation systems throughout New York State.
- Greater Rochester International Airport: 30 miles west of Ontario. Passengers using Rochester airport annually: 1,450,000(2005) (U.S. 2,411,280 - median of 128 airports) (1995)
- Williamson-Sodus Airport: A public-use, 24 hour facility located just a few miles east of Ontario. The facility offers a 3,800 foot runway, parallel taxiway, aircraft parking apron, aircraft storage, flight training, aircraft maintenance, aircraft rental, supplies and fuel.
For more information contact
- Williamson Flying Club, Inc.
- P.O. Box 148
- Williamson, N.Y. 14589
- Phone (315) 483-6011
Wayne Area Transit System, (WATS) provides Park N' Ride service from Wayne County to Rochester through daily connection to Rochester Transit System.
Easy Access via rail sidings to approved industrial sites
Ontario Midland Railroad services Town of Ontario and Wayne County Frequency of switching service: 5 days a week
Shortline service: available
Passenger Service: via Amtrak @ Rochester Rail Station, 320 Central Ave.
Freight Service: via Conrail @ Rochester Rail Station, 320 Central Ave.
Nearest Navigable Waterway: Lake Ontario 0-10 miles
Via Town Owned Harbor
Port Facilities: Port of Rochester - 0-20 miles
Barge/Erie Canal: 0-10 miles
Director of Economic Development
Phone: (315) 524-5908
Fax: (315) 524-7465
Wayne County Economic Development
16 Williams St, Lyons, NY 14489
Phone: (315) 946-5917
Fax: (315) 946-5918
BUSINESS AND REAL PROPERTY INCENTIVES
Payments-In-Lieu of Taxes Policy
The Wayne County Industrial Development Agency has implemented a county-wide policy for the provision of real property tax exemptions for the manufacturing sector. With an increased assessment of valuation there is a 100% tax abatement for the first 5 years, and 50% abatement for the second 5 years. An exemption on the 1% mortgage tax also applies. This same tax exemption is available for a hotel/motel with a minimum of 100 rooms.
Program 485-b, Business Property Tax Exemption
The 485-b Business Tax Exemption applies to county, town, and school district taxes. It consists of a 50 percent exemption for the total increase in assessed value during the first year, for any construction or improvement exceeding $10,000. The exemption is phased out 5 percent per year, over the next nine years. The 485-b Tax Exemption is available for all commercial and industrial projects including hotels and motels, but cannot be used in conjunction with the IDA PILOT program. Application for this exemption must be filed within one year of the date of completion of the construction or improvement project. A one page application, along with a copy of your Certificate of Occupancy, to the assessor is all that is required. Property must be used for service, retail, commercial, business or industrial activity.
50% exemption which decreases by 5% over a ten year period on town, county, and school taxes on new building or improvements made to existing building. An 8% sales tax exemption on construction costs and a 1% mortgage tax exemption also apply.
Microenterprise Revolving Loan Fund
Provides technical and financial assistance to existing or new businesses to create or retain jobs in Wayne County. Business must show a willingness to collateralize the loan. AMOUNT: Up to $25,000. BUSINESS SIZE: Five or fewer employees including owner. Source of funds is a Community Block Grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Wayne County Industrial Site Fund
Wayne County has set up an Industrial Site Fund to assist municipalities with public infrastructure improvements required to locate a manufacturing facility. Wayne County will assist in the cost of any required public infrastructure improvements at 1/3 of the total cost or $100,000., whichever is less. This can include any public water lines, sewer lines, roads, curbing, lighting, etc. In a typical situation, the county pays one-third, the town pays one-third and the developer pays one-third.
Rochester Gas & Electric provides special development rates for economic development. RG&E supplies consistent high level power that provides quality and reliability to the area. No Brown Outs Here!
Ontario Township, Wayne County
A "Good Neighbor" business-friendly community. We've created a "red-tape free" environment where companies and their employees flourish and grow. We offer a rural atmosphere where open acreage and industrial sites abound - complete with highway access, rail sidings, sewers, tax incentive packages, and morel Aim high! Set your sites on Ontario Township, Wayne County, in New York State!