Address: 2180 Lake Road, Ontario, NY 14519
Phone: (315) 524-3200
Fax: (315) 524-8501
Hours: M-F 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Payroll Account Clerk: Beth Hart ext. 501
Billing/Audit Clerk: Keri Hammond ext. 502
Functions of the Accounting Department
- Maintains the official records for all funds.
- Receives, deposit and records all moneys.
- Responsible for necessary cash flow and investments.
- Prepares and records all expenditures.
- Maintains all pertinent vendor information.
- Pays and records town debt service payments.
- Prepares and maintains payroll records by fund and all related records.
- Coordinates records for and payments of benefits to town employees.
- Prepares monthly treasurer reports for the town supervisor and town board.
- Works with state and independent auditors as needed; conducts routine audits of town records as necessary.
- Maintains all bank accounts.
- Assists the town supervisor in the budget development process.